Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hello Me, It's Me Calling

I just successfully succeeded in an attempt to blow my own mind. Here's how it happened.

So, as I've previously mentioned (insert link here), I am absolutely rubbish with numbers, and struggle to commit any kind of number combination to memory. It's for that reason that under my list of contacts on my phone, there is "Me", with my own work and mobile number under it.

Getting to the point, I had to write down my mobile number this morning, so was looking it up in my contacts.

When suddenly, the brilliant plan popped into my head (crap with numbers, awesome at concocting brilliant plans). What if, thought I, what if I were to ring my own mobile. From my own mobile.

I know. My head was spinning too. Brilliant plan. Would two me's converge in on themselves, creating a small rip in the space/time continuum? It was hard to say, without trying it. So try it I must.

Beep ....beep. Beep ....beep.

At first I was a little disappointed when the phone was engaged. But then, the truth and enormity of the situation slowly dawned on me, in a way similar to when Albert Einstein discovered that awesome thing that he discovered.

Yes, the phone was engaged. But it was engaged BECAUSE ME WAS CALLING. I couldn't get through to me, BECAUSE ME WAS TRYING TO CALL ME AT EXACTLY THE SAME MOMENT!!!

Ka-Booooom!

It was epic.

4 comments:

RodeoClown said...

Ya.
I figured that one out when I was 6 (only then I did it on a rotary dial phone)
;)

Ben McLaughlin said...

Were you born 20 odd years later, six year old you could have been good friends with thirty three year old me.

RodeoClown said...

That would have been sweet.

But how would I have ever got hold of you?

Ben McLaughlin said...

It would have been a sort of Batman/Robin type deal, I guess. You don't get a hold of Batman, he gets a hold of you.

I would have found you, and have trained you up. Once no longer a fledgling, we would have attemped various advanced telephonic experimentation.