Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Hobbit

I'm supposed to be reading Jane Eyre (I'm still about half way through- I got bogged down in some long whingey back story that old mate was telling), but I've been reading The Hobbit instead. I'm about half way through that as well.

I read Lord Of The Rings about 20 years ago and enjoyed it, but never got around to The Hobbit. But I started just before Christmas and have been really liking it. It's not as long and drawn out as LOTR. Or Jane Eyre for that matter.

I'm pumped about the impending movie too. Apparently Martin Freeman is slated to be Bilbo Baggins, which is the perfect choice I reckon. He was destined to play the role ever since Garreth called him a 'weird little bloke with Fisher Price hair'.

Anyways, when Bilbo gets back to Bag End, I'll get back to Thornfield Hall.

4 comments:

Pedro said...

Why even bother?
With jane Eyre that is...

Ben McLaughlin said...

you gotta do these things

RodeoClown said...

So what you're saying is that instead of reading Jane Eyre, you're reading your autobiography instead?

Crazyjedidiah said...

I read an abridged version of Jane Eyre when I was in year 6. I think I may have missed a bit which might explain why I didn't really understand it. But I have been put off the Bronte sisters ever since.