Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Update

Had yesterday off sick, back at work today, still fairly under the weather. The two kids are pretty crook, so it's been a very indoorsy few days. If I hear the phrase 'got a snotty nose' said in a whingey voice one more time, I may finally snap.

The time I spent with the two lowercase vowels while capital E went up to Brisbane was good. We coped pretty well (apart from the whole sleeping aspect), and had a nice time together. It felt good.

Little e and I made our first comic together, hopefully the first of many. I drew up the panels, and wrote out the words as she told the story, then I got her to draw the pictures, and we both coloured it in. It was a fairly sad story about a girl called Rita who wanted a baby but didn't know where to get one. Heady stuff.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Aw, good stuff with the comic!! Have you read the online comic Axecop? Similar collaboration between a 5 year old boy and his much older brother. I find it mildly amusing, but even the mention of it makes my husband literally start crying and choking with laughter. Apparently it's a guy thing!

KIM said...

Don't you mean lowercase vowels??

Laetitia :-) said...

"...who wanted a baby but didn't know where to get one..." LOL! Sorry, Coles and Woolies don't have them, have you tried Babies R Us? :-) Is this her way of saying that she wants a baby brother or sister, do you think?

Ben McLaughlin said...

Jo- Yeah that is a pretty funny comic. Very 'boy'.

Kim- oops yes! That's what you get for trying to be more clever than you actually are. FAIL as the kids would say.

Laetitia- More worryingly I think she wants her OWN baby..