Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You Don't Want To See Me When I'm Angry

Listening to people talk on mobile phones on the train may be the thing that in the end will be my great undoing. I can feel it approaching.

Here are two of my most well-loved, and most frequently heard phone conversations-

1. Hello? I'm on the train. I'm on the train. I'm on the train! On the train!! The train!!!! Train!!! What? No, the train. TRAIN!!!

So you're on the train, you say?

2. Yeah, so anyway, I was like OMG are you serious and she was.. oh, I'm about to go through a tunnel so I might cut out... hello? Are you still there? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Oh they've gone.

You think?

3 comments:

RodeoClown said...

Do you know anyone who finishes their sentence, says goodbye and then 'hangs up' when they realise the person on the other end of the call has vanished?

I don't know anyone
.
.
.
else who does that.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Hmm. If you do that when in public, I can appreciate that. It's about appearances. But if you do that in privacy... well, maybe see your GP for a referral to someone who may be able to help.

Wendy said...

Maybe Australia should adopt the same policy that Japan has - of producing "Good Manners on Trains" posters. Here is a link to one about mobile phones: http://scope.metrocf.or.jp/gallery/mp_gr_maru_06_b.html

And here are some others:
http://scope.metrocf.or.jp/gallery/mp_gallery2008.html

However, despite all this propaganda there was a serious incident on a train in peak hour a few months ago where a fight spilled out onto a platform and several trains were delayed. Big news here when several trains at peak hour = thousands and thousands of people.