Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Friday, September 2, 2011

Treasure Hunting

I'm becoming a bit of a scavenger in my old age. I'm always on the lookout for junk treasure that people are throwing out that I can pilfer. Last week I found two beds sitting on the gutter outside my work. They were in good nick, with all the screws and junk in a plastic bag.


I grabbed them and now they are sitting up in the office in several pieces while I work out a way to get them from North Sydney to the Deep South.. Hmm. My boss was cool with it, but I don't want to push my luck by leaving them there too long.

But still, I'm chuffed with my score. Down the track when the girls are a bit older these will be great. Clean them up a bit and Bob's your uncle! Free beds, y'all.

2 comments:

Laetitia :-) said...

Now you just need the bases (metal with horizontal springs) that go between the ends. My parents had similar beds for us when we were growing up (they still have them too).

Ben McLaughlin said...

I got the bases too, I just didn't post a photo. Wooden fames with wooden slats.