Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, September 16, 2013

Therefore Death Expands Its Jaws, Opening Wide Its Mouth

For a while we've been feeding Buddy raw chicken necks. I know, gross. But they are kinda cheap, and he eats them.

However I recently realised the folly in doing this. Often I let our chooks out for a bit of a forage in the yard, and Buddy kind of tags along behind, being a general nuisance. I haven't been too worried though, as he's not much bigger than them, and the boss chook (her name's Chicken Big) will usually give him a bit of a 'don't argue' nose peck if he gets too close.

But I noticed that he's found a new tactic, where he sidles up alongside them, and opens his moth and sort of hovers the open jaws over their necks, sort of trying it out for size. I've always scared him off when I've seen this, but it's a worry. Still you can hardly blame the guy when there's that uncanny resemblance to what I'm putting in his food bowl.

No comments: