Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, November 2, 2009

Wuthering Heights- The Second Half

The second part of Wuthering Heights was satisfying. They did a pretty good job of it, I reckon. I didn't mind the Heathcliffe 'suicide' idea, what'd you reckon?

There was a bit of a pivotal point for me where I realised there was actually nothing at all redeemable or likable about the two main characters. It was around the time Heathcliffe married Isobella. He was such a scary looking jerk, and then when Cathy found out it was all 'oh, he's ruined me, oo my soul, my life! Ooo I might slap my own face a bit and run out in the rain, even though I'm pregnant'.

Get over it, you married some other bloke anyway, numbnuts, and you're about to be a parent. Get your act together. And what about poor old Isobella?

From about this point on, I was pretty much willing them both to meet an untimely end. Oh, and you know it's a bleak old story when the 'happy ending' is two cousins hooking up. Here endeth another in depth look at the classics.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hehe - great description.

I think the suicide angle worked pretty well actually (though a part of me just goes - why didn't you do it years ago and save everyone else some heartache? - But noooo - that would be melodramatic enough).