Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)
Huldra Forsvant (Theodor Kittelsen)

Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh, The Horror

Last week I was doing a Google image search, and stumbled upon one of the ickiest creatures in God's Creation. I like animals, but this thing absolutely makes me weak at the knees. So much so that I can't bring myself to put a picture of it on my blog.

If you're brave, do an image search for 'coconut crab' and look for the one sitting on the side of a rubbish bin. Your dreams will never be peaceful again.

6 comments:

Christine said...

oh goodness, why oh why did I let my curiosity win. I'm going to convince myself that thing isn't real.

Ben McLaughlin said...

Oh, it's real alright.

Keep your wits about you next time you're taking the bins out.

Beth said...

Man...i didn't even want to go so far as to see where that thing's even found...ewwwwww....

Christine said...

Ben! I have to take the rubbish out tonight

Christine said...

thankfully Beth, I did look up where it's found and it's nowhere near Sydney

Laetitia :-) said...

Don't worry - unless you live on a tropical island, you're unlikely to see one IRL. They don't go for living creatures but don't go playing with one - you don't want your fingers caught in their pincers, which are capable of cracking coconuts - hence the name. :-)